Thursday, January 27, 2011

Progress and Speed Bumps

Alright, so my first painting project was the Stormraven. However, it was brought to a screeching halt. Instead of using the spray paint I normally use and taking the long route of painting it, I bought a more expensive brand. I prepped the model like I do for any other. But something went horribly wrong. A few minutes after spraying, I checked on the model. Turns out, it has a visible rough texture.
So this project is put on hold and I'm going to ask a friend if he could strip the model for me.

In place its place, I painted the majority of the Librarian Dreadnought. Here's what I've got so far.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ready to Paint! But...

The Stormraven is constructed and ready for its paint and blessings before it enters battle. The Librarian Dreadnought is constructed as well. I even gave it a nice dynamic pose without cutting or repositioning any pieces.
I bought some paint last night on my way home from the gym at my college campus in hopes of the possibility of painting today. Too bad it is 39 degrees... in TEXAS. This is just wrong.

I guess today there will be no painting. But, I do plan on going to the Games Workshop in Grapevine, TX today with both of these unreleased models; just to freak out the store manager, who is a good friend of mine.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stormraven WIP

So for my local retailer, I am painting their black box Stormraven. It's the model they get a month ahead of time to show off to potential shoppers.

Today, instead of playing Warhammer, I spent a few hours putting this thing together, WITHOUT INSTRUCTIONS! So I was going on a single picture from the GW website. So 3/4's of the time was actually just staring at the picture.